Reiki is a relaxation technique that supports the body’s natural healing process. Reiki is both very complex and very simple at the same time. It is complex to explain all the ways that this energy flows (life force) through absolutely everything, mostly because most people are very disconnected from that understanding. It takes working with it and experiencing it to really understand it.
I could give you a list of possible health benefits of Reiki, but that reply is a “mental” exercise with words. Reiki is a deep relaxation technique, similar to listening to calm music that evokes our emotions or gazing quietly at a sunset. Reiki is more like gently connecting your heart center with that inner space of knowing that life is good. To know Reiki is to experience Reiki.
Each person will experience something different. Reiki is the Japanese name for Universal Life Energy, the source of vitality, and the very ‘life force’ that keeps us alive and healthy.
Let me begin by explaining your body’s natural healing process. Your body is an amazing machine. Not only does it automatically take care of all your breathing, circulation, digestion, and other vital processes without you even lifting a finger, but it has the phenomenal ability to bounce back and heal itself when faced with certain amounts of stress.
Sometimes your body gets depleted of positive energy (or life force). Perhaps you’ve been subjected to a constant barrage of ongoing stress, experienced a particularly sudden and intensely stressful situation, or have come to accept negative beliefs and thoughts that are bogging down your entire being. In such cases, the body’s self-regulating mechanisms can no longer do their jobs, resulting in a decline in the health of your body, mind, and spirit.
You may become irritated or angry and prone to outbursts; suffer from headaches, stomach aches, muscle tension, and pain; feel anxious, restless, and depressed; or even start overeating, under-eating, or reaching for alcohol or drugs for relief.
Many people have one or more of these symptoms and over time these minor “imbalances” of energy may manifest as a physical illness, relationship issues, or possibly emotional issues.
Reiki is an alternative healing technique and one component of alternative therapies is returning balance and harmony to the body.
With every in-person session, the client is always fully clothed and lying on a treatment table or sitting comfortably supported in a chair. As the client is receiving, Reiki is offered through light, non-invasive touch with the practitioner’s hands placed and held on a series of locations on the head and front and back of the torso. The placement of the hands is never intrusive or inappropriate, and there is no finger pressure.
The second technique is remote Distance Reiki, which is just as effective as an in-person session. The client receiving the Reiki energy can sit comfortably at their home in their own personal space.
Benefits of Reiki healing therapy:
• Reiki will help you to relax
• Reiki helps to bring clarity
• Reiki energizes you
• Reiki calms you
• Reiki helps you to solve problems
• Reiki relieves pain
• Reiki accelerates natural healing
• Reiki helps prevent the progress of the disease
• Reiki detoxifies the body
• Reiki dissolves energy blockages
• Reiki releases emotional baggage
• Reiki increases the vibrational frequency of the body
• Reiki helps change negative conditioning and behavior
At the end of a session, common observations from clients are:
- Decreased feelings of stress, fear, and anxiety
- A reduction, and in some cases, [possible] elimination of physical illnesses and persistent conditions.
Next, let’s look once more at your body. Each person has seven major chakras or energy centers in their body. Each area of these seven has characteristics and an “energy focus”.
In dealing with an imbalance, you need to get the energy moving which is what Reiki does. When energy flows through the whole body it creates harmony and releases imbalances. Reiki assists to bring the chakras into alignment and balance.
As you read this list you may notice that some of these areas are current challenges (imbalances) you have been dealing with.
• Survival issues such as financial independence, money, and food
• Energy Focus: Stability, grounding, physical energy, will, security.
• Your sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure, and sexuality
• Energy Focus: Creativity, healing, sexuality and reproduction, desire, emotion, intuition.
• Self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
• Energy Focus: Intellect, ambition, personal power, protective.
• Love, joy, and inner peace
• Energy Focus: Love, compassion, universal consciousness, emotional balance.
• Communication, self-expression, and truth
• Energy Focus: Communication center, expression, divine guidance.
• Intuition, imagination, and wisdom
• Energy Focus: Spiritual awareness, psychic power, intuition, light.
• Inner and outer beauty, spiritual connection
• Energy Focus: Enlightenment, cosmic consciousness, energy, perfection.
A Reiki session can bring more “light” or energy to these areas. This is what I refer to as returning balance and harmony to the body.
In conclusion, I think this quote from a client best explains “What Reiki Is”. She said, “I still don’t know ‘What Reiki Is’ but I feel amazing”. If you would like to learn more about Reiki please browse and read our articles.
Next Article: Ten Natural Health Benefits of Reiki Treatments